Linda Hanna, Associate Broker
Lain Hanna, Realtor
Brittany Acker, Realtor
As a buyer, first time home buyer or experienced, many steps are taken to
insure a smooth and trouble free transaction.
1. First, you will meet with our Team to discuss how you want to be
represented as far as agency and exactly what specifications you are
looking for in a new home.
Sometimes an agent will represent the buyer and the seller. In this
circumstance, it is important to remember that by the realtor code of
ethics, the realtor must be fair to all parties so you will be represented
2. Second, you should be pre-approved with a loan officer (list of potential
lenders available upon request) prior to looking at homes to determine
your purchasing limit. This will insure that you will be able to purchase
when you find a home that you love.
3. Third, we will send you listings from our local realtor board. Searching on Zillow, Trulia or such websites can be frustrating because those websites are not always accurate and may be inactive listings. Realtor.com, Max Broock Realtors or Real Estate One sites are all reliable sources. You can also search for homes directly from our homepage!
4. We will set up showings, convenient to your schedule, and show you homes.
5. Once you find a home that you want to purchase, we will compile the necessary documents (purchase agreement, disclosure forms, etc.) and have you sign in person, by email or via docusign.
6. We will negotiate the transaction emphasizing the terms that are important to you.
7. At this time you will need to write a check to use as your earnest money deposit. If the transaction comes together, the money will be used to cover some of your closing costs; if the transaction does not come together based on contingencies, then the money will be refunded to you.
8. You will want a home inspection to determine the condition of the home. We have a list of ASHI approved inspectors.
9. Once you and the Sellers have met all the terms of the contract which takes about 30-45 days, we will set a specific closing date.
10. CLOSING: We will go over all the documents before we close. You will change the utilities into your name as of the date of closing. We have a list of reputable movers if you need them.
11. At the closing you will need your drivers’ license, the balance of the money needed for closing in the form of a cashier’s check made out to the title company that is processing the closing documents.
12. Key Exchange is completed! Congratulations!